Thursday, April 24, 2008

Baron's 7, Haircut, and The Promised Bat Update

First off, today is Baron's 7th birthday! He doesn't look (or act) a day over two! :) Isn't he so cute?Second, I got my haircut on Tuesday. I'm terrible at taking photos of myself in the mirror, but here's one anyway. Finally, the bat story. We've had a bat in the house since about February. I've seen this thing about 5 different times. Everytime it has appeared, my MIL and FIL have come over to get rid of it. Once, FIL actually caught it and released it outside. We thought that was the end of it. We were wrong. The most dramatic time the bat has been around was when I was talking to Alli on the phone, it scared the crap out of me and I shut it into my room. No problems. I'd just let Dh deal with it when he got home. Boy, was I wrong. The damn bat (while I was on the phone with Alli again) crawled under the door and flew right at me. I tripped over Baron, slammed my back on the edge of the kitchen counter, and fell on the ground. MIL and FIL came over that night as well, but we never found the bat. Fast-forward to Monday night. I was coming home around 9pm, and as soon as I turned on the hall light, the bat buzzed me. I ran upstairs, barricaded myself in my bedroom, and called the in laws. They came, and of course couldn't find the bat. It was hiding somewhere in the basement. My FIL finally saw him flying around and found where he was hiding. Our house is a multi-level house. The bottom two levels are almost like stairs, one level lower than the other. The upper level isn't finished and the lower one is. He was hiding behind the sheet rock on the rise between the two levels! No wonder we couldn't find him! Finally my FIL got him and killed him. I'm releaved that this is all over. Or at least I hope it is!

2 comments:

~ alli ~ said...

I'm so glad your bat fears are over. Knowing the story, there was really no choice but to kill it. Put both of you out of your misery.

Sad to say, I haven't seen you enough lately to know how long your hair was before you got it cut. But it's cute! And I'm always surprised at how curly it is.

Scraploft said...

I'm glad that darn bat is out of your hair. Speaking of hair, looks great! Happy birthday baron!

~jenn