Monday, November 30, 2009

She's Here!!

Clarissa Rose Crum was born on Tuesday, November 24th at 4:40pm. She was 6lbs 10oz and 19 inches long. She's got blue eyes and strawberry blonde hair. It looked curly at first, but now it's pretty straight.
She was definitely a surprise! I wasn't feeling good on Tuesday and couldn't feel her move. I went into labor and delivery to see if there was anything wrong. My blood pressure was high (first time during the pregnancy!) and her heart beat wasn't fluctuating as much as they like to see. I was put on oxygen and an IV to see if they could get things back to normal. When that didn't work, they talked about inducing me in a couple of hours and having her the next morning. Things still weren't progressing like they wanted it to, so they talked about inducing me right away. One of the nurses looked at my numbers again, talked to the Dr, and they decided she needed to come out NOW. Todd was thrown a pair of scrubs and I was whisked away to the OR. About 40 minutes later, she was born. It took them another 40 minutes to close me up. I guess I had preeclampsia and she had a meconium in utero. She wasn't doing too well after she was born. Her lugs were filled with meconium. They really had to work on her to get her breathing. I did get to see her after she was cleaned up and they were bringing her up to the nursery. But because of her infections, I wasn't able to see her again until the next day, which was really hard. Todd was pretty much the only one who could see her until the next day. Plus, they had to keep her in the nursery at all times, instead of keeping her in my room. We both were on antibiotics and IV's. I am happy to say that both of us are doing great now and she has no complications or anything from her rough start on life.

This is a picture of the first time I could actually hold her.
Here's the little baby in the big crib!
I am now on maternity leave until February. I'd love guests, but just let me know when you're coming. Clarissa really likes guests too!

2 comments:

~ alli ~ said...

She's so sweet! I can't believe you're a mommy! Best of luck during the next few weeks. :)

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see you guys!! I guess I could drive up for a quick weekend and back home for work by Monday....prob not. Love ya!