Friday, December 26, 2008

Back to Blogging

Dh and I are back from Ohio now. We got back on Christmas Eve, which meant I missed Christmas with my extended family. It made me sad, but I was glad we didn't get caught in any bad weather. I'll post more about our time there later. Here's what I was going to post last week before we had to leave.

On December 13, my Mom, SIL and I went to my aunt's house again to make Norwegian goodies. (See what we did last year here) This year we made Fattigmand, Krum Kake, Rosettes, and Sandbakkels.

Here we are making the Krum Kake.
This is the lard (yes you read that correctly!) that we defried the fattigmand and rosettes in. I had actually found a set of rosette irons in my Grandma E's garage when we were cleaning out her house. It was fun to use them. Here my aunt is giving a lesson on how to roll out the fattigmand. The dough had to be tissue paper thin. Here we are taking the sandbakkels out of the mold after baking them. I'm so glad that I'm able to learn how to make something from my heritage. Plus, everything is SO yummy! :)

No comments: