Friday, January 02, 2009

Christmas 2008

Christmas was strange this year. We got stuck in Ohio until Christmas Eve because of really bad weather. I've never missed Christmas in 31 years. It was a little hard, but I guess I'd rather miss it than be stuck somewhere in the snow. Christmas Day we went to my brother's house. It was nice to see everyone, and we did get to see the niece and nephew open a lot of their gifts.

My niece got a kitchen set from my parents. Needless to say, she was pretty excited. I couldn't catch her dance of joy with the camera! Here's the fuzzy version. The kitchen took about 2 hours, a couple of beers, and a lot of swearing to assemble. We are still cursing my Mom for getting that thing! Oh well, at least the niece was happy.

My nephew got a really cool Rambo type Nerf gun. He and Dh had a great time with it. They disappeared into the basement for hours playing with it. I'm surprised Dh hasn't asked for one for his birthday! Dh and my nephew then watched The Incredibles together. I love that they get along so well. Does that mean I'm married to a 5 year old? :) Oh well. I'd rather have someone who acted young than acted old.

No comments: