Thursday, November 09, 2006

Exciting night here at our house. DH wakes me at 3:30am for me to help him - with a deer!! I guess DH's friend hit one on the way to work and called DH to come and help him. It was dead in the ditch, but not very banged up. When the highway patrol came, DH asked if he could have it. And he said yes! He hasn't actually gone deer hunting yet this year (he'll go in WI in two weeks) but he's gotten a deer already! Let me just tell you how excited I was to help get that thing out of the trunk of our beater. I don't think I was much help cause I was spazzing about it so much. I don't mind hunting and I'll eat venison, but I'm not big on how it gets to my table. As I type, there is a deer carcus in my garage. What a lovely thing to come home to! Then, after we get this deer out of the trunk, DH tells me when we're in bed that he was hoping to get a little something! I told him, no, not when you make me drag a deer out of the car! That negates any sort of "something something" that might happen!! Especially at 3:30am!!

2 comments:

Belgiumite77 said...

Oh- that's a hilarious story!

Reminded me of last year when my dad got a trophy buck. He wanted to shop around to decide who would be best to mount it for him, so in the meantime, my mom had to put up with an entire deer head in her chest freezer. (shiver)oohewwwww!
Tara

nancy_scraps said...

Guys.
You can't make this stuff up.