Friday, September 14, 2007

Good News! and a Little Bad News

Good, no wait, GREAT news! My Uncle is completely awake, most machinery is off of him, and things are looking good! My other Uncle just called and said that he remembers up until he collasped and remembers everyone there. They are going to have him get up and move around in 3 hours or so. So wonderful!! Thank you to everyone for all your support and prayers! I just know they helped in his recovery. I know he's got a long way to go, but everything is looking up! My Brother told me that less than 5% of people with that much blockage live, so we are certainly lucky!

The bad news? I have another sinus infection. I just went to the Dr. today to confirm it. She told me that I shouldn't go see my Uncle for at least a couple of days to make sure I don't infect him with anything. I'm bummed, but there is so much family around him (probably around 30+ people) that one more isn't going to matter. He knows I'd love to be there with him if I could.

Other good news - Chrysler and the UAW union have extended their talks - so no union strike tonight! It could come any day soon, but hopefully they'll resolve it. Of course the issue is health care that they are fighting on. Gotta love living in a union household!

And the final great news? Run, don't walk, to Target - they have the Office stuff in the dollar spot!! Of course I went crazy.

My favorite part? The Dwight stress ball. I might have to pony up for his bobble head one of these days for my collection.
Don't worry, anti-Target girl, I picked stuff up for you too!

May your weekend go as well as mine has started out!

4 comments:

~ alli ~ said...

I am so glad to hear all the good news! Really - that's great about your uncle. The bad news for me is now I have another errand to run this weekend - TO TARGET!

Michelle said...

Awesome news about your uncle. I just caught up with you now, so I will add him and your family to my prayer list. I'm glad he's around the biggest bend and everything seems to be OK!
Hugs,
Michelle

Bonita Rose said...

so glad your uncle is doing better.

Anonymous said...

yippee...I get stuff!