Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sad Day

My Grandma Florence passed away today at around 3pm. She was 96 years old. Up until January, she lived in her own house by herself. She had ALS, so it was hard for her to do anything. She had no function in one of her arms and only two fingers that worked on the other one. She was a tough person, but very kind hearted. This is a picture of her and I at Christmas of 2006. I'm glad that she gets to see my Grandpa again, they've been apart for about 25 years. The last time I saw her was Easter. She was on oxygen all of the time and using a wheelchair, but she was still tough as nails. I hope I can be as classy as she was when I am older. I already miss her a lot, even though I know she is watching over all of us.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandma. It sounds like she had a long, happy life and now she rests in the arms of Jesus. You can't ask for much more than that.

My love and prayers to you and your family.
Tracy

Scraploft said...

Oh, Nicole. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time. May your grandma and grandpa be reunited in love.

~Jenn