Saturday, November 15, 2008

Not Quite What I Was Expecting

So today we got up, expecting to go Christmas shopping. I was putting the dogs in their kennels, when I noticed that Orion's right side of his face was swollen. I called Dh to check it out, and the first thing he says is, I bet he's got a bad tooth. Great. I called the vet and got him in right away. Yep, he's got two cracked teeth. We got him some antibiotics and pain pills and he's scheduled for surgery Monday. So after $100 today and probably $500 on Monday, Christmas shopping was the last thing we wanted to do. We did get two presents, but the rest of it will have to wait. Oh well. How can you be mad at a face like this? That bump by his right ear is the swollen part. Of course he's eating fine (he would eat everything in the fridge if we let him!), but he does seem a little tired. At least it's only November and we have plenty of time to finish our Christmas shopping. So much for starting early!

2 comments:

Scraploft said...

Oh, poor Orion! I hope the surgery goes smoothly for you all.

~Jenn

~ alli ~ said...

Poor baby! Give him an extra hug from me. :)