Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Stone Update

I just heard back from the nurse about my kidney stone. They think I passed one before my test on Tuesday, which would be great, because I had pain but nothing like what others have described to me. The scan showed a 4mm stone in my left kidney. That is the largest a "small" stone can be. It has a 90% chance of passing with no problems. If it was 5mm, I'd have a 50% chance. So, I was told just to drink a lot of water and if I pass it to see if I can catch it so they can figure out what caused it. "Catch" it? With what? A mitt? Others have told me about screening their pee so they can catch it, but I have no screen. Maybe I'll start peeing into nylons. That could screen it. Maybe I should go and get a net from the pet store. I'm sure dh has one he could borrow me. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to dig through my pee to see if I can get a stupid stone! Okay, I'm better now that I got that out! I'm doing pretty good for now. I'm a little scared to go anywhere, since I'm not sure when this thing will come out. I read something on the internet about people drinking olive oil and lemon juice and chasing that with a glass of water to make their stones come out faster. That doesn't sound good either. Right now I'm doing okay, so I'm not going to resort to that. Hopefully my next update will be that my stomach pain is gone and I must have passed the stone. It magically jumped out of the toilet, cleaned itself off and put itself into a container for me to bring into the Dr's office. A girl can wish, can't she?!?

Oh, I have my review at work tomorrow. The sales manager is doing the review. He asked me to give 3 of my strengths and 3 things I need to work on. One of my strengths was that I will do almost anything I'm asked to do. He laughed at that. What an idiot I am! I hate coming up with that stuff.

3 comments:

beth said...

poor nicole! maybe you could use some vellum to catch the stone! :)

nancy_scraps said...

Funny Beth!!!

We are doing performance appraisals here at Seagate also. I have to "write my own" by the end of next week. The manager writes the final one, but your input in included. I hate doing it, too.

Michelle said...

Almost anything huh? Apparently catching a stone wouldn't be one of them. Oh well, at least you have standards :)

Michelle