Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Prayers Needed


Today, my Uncle and Godfather went to the clinic in his hometown. He didn't feel well. He was short of breath. As he walked into the clinic, he collapsed. The staff had to use the paddles to get his heart going again. He was rushed to United Hospital in the Twin Cities (about a 45 minute ride from where he lives) and was rushed into surgery. He had a severe heart attack - one of the main arteries into his heart was completely blocked. They put two stints into his heart. He now is in a drugged induced coma and they have lowered his body temperature to hypothermia levels to hopefully prevent anything else from happening. They said the next two to three weeks would be critical for him. Most of my family is there at the hospital to see him (I have a cold and didn't think it would be wise to go), so hopefully he feels their love and support. My Uncle is only in his mid-50's, a couple years younger than my Dad. I worry that my Grandma, who's 96, won't be able to see him. She doesn't get around without oxygen any more, and I don't know how that would work for her to be in a hospital. Please, any prayers or good thoughts would be appreciated. I usually don't give out names on my blog, but I feel if it helps that much more, please say a prayer for my Uncle Clay. He's a wonderful person and our family would be so much less without him.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayers coming your way Nicole. I hope he fully recovers. By the way your Grandma can go into the hospital with oxygen, she can use a hospital wheelchair so she doesn't have to walk so far. Your uncle is in a great hospital.

~ alli ~ said...

Thinking of you and your family, Nicole. Keep in touch!

Suzy said...

Hi Nicole,
Count me in on the prayer chain.I am hoping for the best outcome. He is very lucky to have such an awesome niece!

Scraploft said...

I will say a prayer for your uncle and the rest of your family.
~Jenn

nancy_scraps said...

Prayers...prayers...prayers.
I especially pray that your Grandma gets a chance to go see him!

Scraploft said...

Your uncle is in my thoughts and prayers. Let us know if you need anything.

~Sarah

Bonita Rose said...

Nicole, something very similar happened to G's dad a few years ago. They put him in the same drug induced coma and lowered his body temp the same way. That procedure made all the difference in his recovery. We were there at the hospital nonstop for days and watched first hand his progress. Keep praying. Modern medicine is really a wonderful thing.