Saturday, August 16, 2008

Merry Christmas?

I got the strangest piece of mail yesterday. I got a card in the mail, which was unusual because I usually only get them for birthdays and Christmas. Then I saw the postmark - December 19, 2007 - with a Happy Holidays banner. There was also a stamp across the envelope from France. Yes, I got a Christmas card 8 months later. The envelope was open, but the pretty card from my friend Karin J was still in there. I don't know why it would take 8 months to get from Carver to Big Lake. I could probably walk faster than that! But, at least something got to go to France this year. I had wanted to, but it just didn't work out. The Post Office may be slow, but at least it will finally get there!

3 comments:

~ alli ~ said...

That is INSANE! Hopefully you weren't mad at Karin for not sending you a holiday card - because she DID!

Scraploft said...

How funny is that?! Now that's what I call snail mail...

~Jenn

Anonymous said...

And you thought I blew you off this Christmas...HeHe. Well, If I get your card in the mail today, you should see it in April 2009 according to this most recent transit time. :) I'd better get busy!