Thursday, May 10, 2007

Album How-To

I've had a couple of questions about how I made my album. It is a Maya Road Scalloped Album.

All paper is Basic Grey. It's probably my favorite paper, and it all really goes together. The @ and 30 are Thickers along with a Basic Grey Rub on for the front cover.

Here's what else is in it: Rain Dot, American Crafts Sticker letters, 7Gypsies stamps, Making Memories stickers, KI line stamp, Heidi Swapp Ghost letters, Making Memories definition, Prima flower, 7Gypsies stickers, Imagination Project Chipboard, Mrs. Grossman's Sticker and Making Memories white paint.

The tier-ing idea was my friend Beth's idea. I loved it and used it!

I cut all of the paper (except for the first pages) to match the scalloped edges. This took a LONG time - most of it done in front of the TV. To hide any imperfections, I painted the edges with white paint. It covered the sides and made a cool effect.

So, that's basically it. I'm super happy with it! It's not often that I complete a project and want to stop people on the street and show them. Not bragging, just happy with my accomplishment.

By the way, this is my last scalloped album - NO MORE!! :)

1 comment:

Bonita Rose said...

thank you for the HOW TO'S Nicole... I still love it.. yeah, it sounds like alot of work, but as u say, the finished album is gorgeous! You should be proud of what you created! And I know you are.. way to go!