Sunday, December 23, 2007

Family Traditions

Yesterday, my Aunt (who used to be a caterer) gave me, my mom, SIL, and 2 cousins lessons on how to make Norwegian specialties. She really wants us to learn this so we can pass this tradition down. First we made Romegrod. It's like a warm pudding. It's really good.
Next, we made 8 dozen Lefsa. This isn't hard to make, but it takes a lot of time to roll out the dough very thin and then cook it on the griddle.
Here's the Lefsa on the griddle cooking. That stick with the red handle is how you take the Lefsa off of the rolling board and on to the griddle.
Here's my mom making Flat Bread. We didn't make this, my grandma did, but we did roll it out and cook it.
Here's my Mom and my Aunt (here sister) rolling Flat Bread.
This is my Aunt putting Kransekage dough into the round tins to bake.
We had a really good time. I'm so glad we're learning all of this. I can't wait to see what we learn next year!

No comments: