Monday, July 09, 2007

Christmas in July

I think about Christmas presents year-round. The day after Christmas, I start thinking about what to get people next year. I love giving presents - so it's just that more fun when you find something perfect - no matter what time of year! What probably got me started on this is my family does dollar gifts every year. Just my immediate family. What you do is get everyone a gift for a dollar. Now with Dollar Spot, it's a lot easier, but it used to be HARD. If you can't think of anything, there's always lottery tickets, but that's boring, and no one ever wins anything more than $5. So, I start with the after Christmas sales to see if I can get something great for a dollar!

What got me thinking about this is something I saw in this month's Real Simple Magazine:

My Godmother and cousin LOVE corner pieces of anything - how great would this pan be?!?! Now if I can find one with out edges for my SIL who loves middle pieces....

Anyone else do this? Find anything great already? Please tell me I'm not the only one who's nuts about Christmas presents!

3 comments:

beth said...

i've seen this and want it too!

Seriously And Now said...

I am always on the hunt for good Christmas presents. Why do you think I am the favorite aunt?

As for you being crazy...no comment.

nancy_scraps said...

There are people that LIKE the corner pieces? I'd like to see a pan WITHOUT any corners (Oh yeah. That'd be a round one).
The pan is cool, but not 'cause you get all corners :-)