Tuesday, January 09, 2007

You take the Good, you take the Bad...

Today has been a good/bad day. Good because I finally am feeling somewhat better. I think I'm beating this cold now! Also, I felt good enough to go to Target after work and get this:

iHome. Isn't is cool? Now I can play my iPod anywhere! And it matches!! You gotta love that.

Now for the bad. My Mom called me a little bit ago and told me that my Great Aunt Lillian died yesterday. She had just turned 98 on New Years Day. What a life. 98 - can you imagine? I didn't know her very well, but she was a very nice lady and my Grandma liked her very much. Here's a picture of Lillian and my Grandma at our reunion in 2004 for my Dad's family.

We all were on teams for the Olympics my parent's had planned. I told my Grandma that she and Lillian were on their own team. My Grandma said that they wouldn't be playing games - but I told her that their game was to talk and have fun. She laughed and said they could manage that. They sat in the garage for most of the afternoon just talking and talking. By the way, that's Lillian on the left and my Grandma on the right.

There's another angel in heaven now.


2 comments:

beth said...

liking the new iHome...they are completely out at "my target." shh...don't tell linda i shop there. also, sorry to hear about your great aunt. it's always good to have more angels on your side!

~ alli ~ said...

you take the good,
you take the bad,
you take them both,
and there you have
THE FACTS OF LIFE. I've had that song in my head ever since I read your post. sorry about your great aunt.