Wednesday, March 28, 2007

An ALS Film

I got an email yesterday from Scott Stafne about an upcoming fundraiser for his ALS fund. Here's what he wrote:

"A year ago, I saw the premiere of So Much So Fast at the Sundance FilmFestival. I've been passionate about film all my life, but never has a film felt so intensely personal. I am absolutely thrilled to bring itto Minnesota. On Saturday, May 5, you and everyone you know are invited to a special screening of So Much So Fast at the Riverview Theater in Minneapolis. A black-humored cliffhanger of romance, guerrilla science and theredefinition of time, So Much So Fast unfolds like a nonfiction novel. Stephen Heywood finds out he has ALS. His brother Jamie becomes obsessed with finding a cure. And the woman who's falling in love with Stephen has a decision to make. I want you to see this movie. I want your friends and your family to see this movie, and here's why:

1) It's about ALS – You already know someone with this deadly illness. Learn about the reality of living with ALS, and about the incredible people who fight to destroy it.

2) It's about life – We all struggle with something. Whether personally affected by ALS or not, I guarantee this film will inspire you to look deeply into your own life, and perhaps reevaluate how you define happiness.

3) It's my birthday – I'm turning 35 this May (ALS Awareness Month!). It's only $5. Nothing would please me more than a full house to help celebrate another year of life. Please tell your family and friends and I look forward to seeing you on May 5. Scott

Saturday, May 5
11:30 AM Screening
Reception to follow

Riverview Theater
3800 42nd Ave S
Minneapolis

Suggested donation of $5 benefits the Scott Stafne ALS Research Fund
Buy your tickets now at http://stafnes.com

What a great way to support a worthy cause and see a great movie! I'm going to try and be there - what about you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope to be there as well!

Thanks for posting!!! : )
Tara

Anonymous said...

how about a post on what you want for your birthday?