Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Peaceful Excitement


I'm so excited! My peace lily, which I've had for 9+ years, is blooming again!! I got this plant (and most of my plants) from my Godmom while I was in college. I'm proud to say, I think I've only killed one of her plants that she gave me. It was a ficus tree that was really prone to bugs and I could never get a handle on it. Anyways, the peace lily. One of the best plants to have - it actually takes toxins out of the air and purifies the air! This peace lily has moved from two different places in Duluth, to my parent's house, and now here. I think it's only bloomed 5 or so times. Once it had two blooms. I think it gets pissed at me for not watering it, moving it around, the house being too cold, not dusting it off like I should, and other various things. Finally, I must be doing something right! I guess I really shouldn't count my eggs before they hatch, or in this case, my flowers before they bloom, but I was so excited that it's actually doing something!! Hopefully I won't make it change it's mind. Once, it got to about this point, and then the bloom died. I was not happy about that! Keep your fingers crossed!

6 comments:

Scraploft said...

How pretty, Nicole! I hope the bloom lasts. I am not a very good plant person so I am impressed. :)

~Jenn

Anonymous said...

Cool plant! I'll cross my fingers for you!

I love new blooms, flowers, and spring! There are greens (and other fun colors) coming up in the backyard already. Tulips maybe? Daffodils?

~ alli ~

nancy_scraps said...

Very Nice.

By the way...I am counting on you to keep me up to speed on America's Top Model. Please be sure to dish any thoughts you have on it!

Bonita Rose said...

blooms and flowers, 2 of my most fave things.

Tracy said...

I remember this plant from our apartment in Duluth! It's still alive? AWESOME! All of my plants from college are dead - LONG LONG AGO!!

CountryMouse said...

I never realised that the peace lily purified the air - I'm not very good with plants Im afraid but I would like to try and grow one of these.