Monday, March 05, 2007

Craft for a Cure

This Saturday is the ALS Crop & Craft in Bloomington, MN. All proceeds will benefit the ALS Therapy Development Foundation. The family pictured in the brochure is Scott, Kirsten, and Eva Stafne. I went to high school with Kirsten. Scott is currently living with ALS. My grandma (whom I posted about here) is also living with ALS. She has no function in her left arm and is steadly losing function in her right. She is lucky - she's only had this for 4 years and is currently 95. Scott was diagnosed in 2004 at 32, a more typical story of someone with ALS. It's a terrible disease with no known cure. This event is a great way to get involved and have fun at the same time! If you are unable to attend, you can still donate. Go to Stafnes.com for more information about Scott, ALS, and donating.

I'll be there this Saturday - anyone want to join me?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could attend this year, but my niece's 7th birthday party is on Saturday.

Shari H.

Bonita Rose said...

I can't.. I am scheduled to work at AT this Sat... have fun!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that the registration date for the Crop and Craft has been extended through this week! To sign up, contact:

Nancy Immediato- Crop and Craft Event Chair
Phone: 952-936-1803 (w)
952-888-0299 (h)
Email: im_nancy@comcast.net

My grandpa died of ALS when I was a senior in high school, after living with this disease for 13 years. It's a cruel, horrible disease that's more common than you may think, and we need all the help we can get to eradicate it! If you can't make it to the event, you can also make a donation on stafnes.com.

Thanks for posting! I've tried emailing you twice- it keeps coming back to me- argh!!! Thanks also for the scrapbooking promotional tips- you rock!


Tara

Anonymous said...

Just realized you also mentioned you can donate on stafnes.com if unable to attend.

Sorry, I'm a little slow. Though, they say someone has to hear something at least three times before they'll remember it, so maybe my slowness is for the best!

Tara

nancy_scraps said...

It is amazing how common this is. I have three friends immediately affected by this (a mom, an uncle, a best friend).

I won't be making it this year, but it's a worthy thing to donate towards!