Monday, June 25, 2007

7 years...

It was Dh's and my 7th wedding anniversary on Sunday. We always joke that we got married in 2000 so Dh could remember how many years we've been married! We started dating in 1996, when I was only 18 and he was 21. We were 23 and 25 when we got married. We went out with my brother and his wife on Saturday night. They were celebrating 10 years on the 21st. It was so much fun to hang out with them and answer all of my brother's stupid "What are your top 5 songs, movies, etc." We had a great time!
This is a picture from our wedding. Digital wasn't big then and this is the only CD I have with pics on it. I would scan a better picture, but my scanner isn't working right now. My Aunt made the cake and all of the desserts at the dessert table. She's a caterer and a really good one at that!
We spent the weekend at the cabin with my family - mom, dad, brother, sil, niece and nephew. It was really hot outside, so we were able to swim a lot. Here's a pic of my niece playing in the dogs' water bowl. That's her new puppy playing with her hair and one of my dogs panting to the side (you can only see his nose and tongue!).
This is my brother throwing my niece up in the air. She had so much fun!!
My nephew spent most of the time with his dog looking for minnows. His best line of the weekend? "I'm going to let my minnow dry out so it doesn't flop around so much!" Um...yeah....
Here's my parents. They look pretty good for almost 61.
Even without a new swimsuit - I had a great weekend! Now I'm not feeling so hot, but that's typical for me!

4 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

those are great pics of the lake Nicole.. looks like u had a ton of fun! good for you.. and happy anniv!! Congrats!

~ alli ~ said...

great pics - thanks for sharing! happy anniversary! :)

Scraploft said...

Happy Belated Anniversary. We celebrated our 7th the weekend before. The cabin pics look great. I'm glad you had a good time up there.

~Jenn

Tracy said...

I'm taking full credit for your anniversary. Teehee....without me...where would you be???? Who would have thunk that introducing you to Todd all those years ago would have lead to all this??? Remember when my mom used to send cookies to Todd in exchange for him being my friend and taking care of me in college?