Friday, June 22, 2007

To Whom it May Concern

Dear Target,

I am a big fan. I've spent many hours and dollars at your store. I love that everything is a little more high-end, but that I don't feel like I'm paying high-end prices. You rarely fail me. However, I do have to say that I am VERY disappointed with your plus-size swimsuit selection this year. I realize that I've been in a bad mood this week, and maybe I shouldn't have even been shopping for a swimsuit, but it should be very warm this weekend and we'll be at the cabin. Nevertheless, I found your plus-size suits very hard to find. They were crammed on a back wall by the door to your back room. But here was the kicker for me, do we really need to only carry tankinis? I understand that a lot of people like them, but me, not so much. Maybe I haven't found one to fit me quite yet, and believe me, yours didn't either. No one in their right mind wants to see my midsection. I don't want to either. But in your tankini, there it was, in all it's pale, flabby glory. Even the pictures on your website show a bit of skin showing between the tank and the "ini". Do you not realize that we're plus size? There should be no middle showing. If this was a good thing, we'd all just wear bikinis. Oh, and those two full suits you had there? I'm fat, not fifty. So, I shall be heading to the lake in a stretched out suit from Sam's Club a couple years back. You can thank yourself for that one.

Your poorly suited friend,
Nicole

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Target needs help in many departments. I hope you send the letter to target. Maybe the size 2 buyer will think differently next year.

Shari

Bonita Rose said...

even tho they may not have my size in everything, I always seem to walk outta there with something. Go figure.

Scraploft said...

I have noticed this too, Nicole. That all of the swimsuits are Tankinis or the one pieces are leopard or hawaiian printed. It sucks looking for a swim suit as it is, much less having absolutely NO selection at all. I hope you have a good time at the cabin anyway!

~Jenn

Michelle said...

You had me laughing so hard I made Greg come read this.

Michelle

PS...next time try a Lands' End suit...they have a ton of different styles that work for all different body types that don't look like they're for your grandma. They last forever too!

Anonymous said...

quit your whining.

Tracy said...

Nicole - all of their clothes are a pain! Not just in swimsuits but in all their clothes - I am a size 6 or 8 - but at Target I have to buy a 10 or 12 to get it to fit....since I have issues with buying anything over a size 8, I'm NOT going to buy a 10 or 12! They must assume that people that are a size 6 or 8 don't have a butt or thighs at all....

It's too bad - their career separates and suits are really cute.