Monday, June 11, 2007

My Weekend was All Wet

This weekend started off good. Friday night, I went and got my flowers for the outside of the house. I also went to the grocery store and got a bunch of goodies. I made a dessert (Jello Oreo Pudding Pie) which dh liked so much he said I should make it my signature dessert. I also watched The Holiday. So good so far.

Saturday I got up and did some weeding around the house. Dh's sister and bf came over - the guys went fishing and SIL and I weeded my perennial garden. It started to rain, so we went shopping. :) Hehehe! Dh was coming home when we were leaving. SIL, MIL and I went shopping and were back about an hour later.

During this time, someone had used the bathroom and the toilet ending up running. Not with poo and all that in it, clean water. It ran until it over flowed and no one checked on it for the hour we were gone. My FIL came outside when we got home and said that the bathroom had flooded and that the rugs are wet. I have two rugs in the bathroom, one is a couple feet from the toilet. I went in and checked it out. EVERYTHING was soaked! As I went outside to tell everyone, I noticed that the level below the bathroom was flooded too - the area with my scrapbooking stuff! It got so full that the water went down the air vent, the walls below the bathroom, and everywhere else it could go! We had water in 3 of the 4 levels of my house! I ran out and got everyone - we started pulling all of my scrapbooking stuff out into the yard, hoping it would dry off. Luckily, I do store most of my stuff in plastic. The only thing I can see that were ruined was an album I just got last weekend and some cards. It took us most of the evening to clean up. I started drinking. :) Not too much, but I needed some to take the edge off. After all that, we had dinner and played cards. Sunday, SIL and I planted my flowers and then I did nothing. Too much stress from the weekend. Everything is still in shambles in the basement, but at least we didn't loose too much. The toilet is on borrowed time - it's been a piece of crap (pun intended) since we moved in 7 1/2 years ago. We started looking for a new one and are planning how we will distroy it - I voted that we blow it up and dh wants to shoot it. I'll take pictures if we do either.

I hope everyone else had a better weekend!

2 comments:

Scraploft said...

I flooded my bathroom a month or so ago. I left the sink running because one of the boys needed help in the other room. The youngest went into the bathroom and slipped on the floor. That's how I discovered it. Luckily the leaking into the basement was on the other side of where my scrapping stuff is! Thank goodness you didn't lose any more than you did! You started drinking...he he...same thing I would have done!

~Jenn

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry- I kow what a mess that can be! Here's hoping that you have everything back to noemal in no time!!



Suzy