Monday, June 04, 2007

Stones

This past weekend was great. Dh and I went to my work party Friday night. We played Family Feud and we won $100 each! So, of course, the next day I went to Crafts Direct and Scrapbooks Plus with Michelle, Shari and Suzy, and spent it! Dh and I also watched John Tucker Must Die and Accepted. Sunday we went to my brother's house. Dh helped build a dog kennel, my SIL and I went shopping. I also got to play with my nephew and niece. Great weekend.

Then, last night, I don't feel so good. I just figured that it was the bag of popcorn I had before bed. This morning, while I'm getting ready, I'm getting shooting pains in my stomach. This continues most of the day at work. I go to the doctor and she says I might have kidney stones! I've already had gall stones, which were a blast and resulted in my gall bladder being removed. So now I'm hopped up on codeine trying to forget about the pain. I go in tomorrow morning for an xray or the like to see what they can find. Until then, I'm just in pain. The nurse did say that passing a kidney stone is worse than child birth. Something to look forward to!

I hate begging for this sort of thing, but I would appreciate you all keeping me in your prayers. I've had 4 surgeries in the past 3 years and this is the last thing I need!

Long live pain killers.

5 comments:

beth said...

dude! definitely will be thinking about you!

Scraploft said...

Thinking of you and hoping that everything turns out ok. Keep us updated.

~Jenn

nancy_scraps said...

Oh Nicole. Yikes!

I hope the drugs help a bit.

Prayers your way. For resolution without invasive surgery. (I heard they do have an ultrasonic technique to break up the stones. The engineer in me is very intrigued by that thought.) :-)

Bonita Rose said...

hope u feel better soon.

Michelle said...

Oh, sweetie...here's some hugs and prayers for you. I've never experienced that, and hope I never have to. But after seeing a friend and my mom go through various stones, I can sympathize.

Michelle