Sunday, February 04, 2007

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y

Saturday was such a great day. Alli, Karin, Linda and I went shopping in Buffalo. We had a blast and picked up some really cute things. Alli even found another tortoise for Rosita! Then, We met up with Jenn, Sarah, Michelle and Suzy at Rock Bottom Brewery. It was so good to see everyone, even if it was to see Alli for the last time while she's living in Minnesota. We all made her a scrapbook page and Michelle put it into a super cute album. We then went to this crazy ice cream shop! (thanks for the idea, Karin!)

I'm having a hard time writing this post because it's all about saying goodbye to Alli. Six months ago, she mentioned to me that she might be leaving. I was hoping it was a bad dream, but now she's leaving in a week. How do you say goodbye to a good friend? Yeah, we'll talk on the phone and send emails, and even go and see one another - but things will never be the same. There's no, I'll meet you on Saturday to scrap. Those days are gone. I hope that she finds cool people to scrap with (not as cool as us, but still cool!) and makes some great friends. I also hope she knows that she's always welcome back and will always be a part of our group, even when she's so far away. Thank God I was able to have this time getting to know Alli and having her as my friend. I can honestly say that she is a great person and I'm going to miss her so much!

Now I'm off to look for a new friend with a tortoise who scrapbooks.....

3 comments:

beth said...

so glad you had a great time on saturday. wish i could have been there. even though i don't have a tortoise, i do scrapbook, so can i be your friend? :) hope to see you soon! stay warm!

Seriously And Now said...

Why does my head look so big?

Bonita Rose said...

sorry I missed it.. i wish i cuda been there!