Tuesday, April 03, 2007

* 30 * 30 * 30 * 30 *

Tomorrow I turn 30. 30. Wow. When you're little, 30 is ancient! I don't feel that old, so I'm not that worried about it. I've always loved my birthday. I don't know if it was the presents or just being about me. I've always loved my birth date too - 4-4-77. How cool is that? It was really cool in 2004 - 4-4-04. It's my favorite number.
Some history of April 4:
1581 - Frances Drake completed the circumnavigation of the world.
1812 - The territory of Orleans became the 18th U.S. state and will become known as Louisiana. 1818 - The U.S. flag was declared to have 13 red and white stripes and 20 stars and that a new star would be added for the each new state.
1850 - The city of Los Angeles was incorporated.
1887 - Susanna M. Salter became mayor of Argonia, KS, making her the first woman mayor in the U.S.
1914 - The first known serialized moving picture opened in New York City, NY. It was "The Perils of Pauline".
1917 - The U.S. Senate voted 90-6 to enter World War I on the Allied side.
1932 - After five years of research, professor C.G. King, of the University of Pittsburgh, isolated vitamin C.
1945 - During World War II, U.S. forces liberated the Nazi death camp Ohrdruf in Germany. 1949 - Twelve nations signed a treaty to create The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
1967 - Johnny Carson quit "The Tonight Show." He returned three weeks later after getting a raise of $30,000 a week.
1968 - Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated at the age of 39.
1969 - Dr. Denton Cooley implanted the first temporary artificial heart.
1974 - Hank Aaron tied Babe Ruth's major league baseball home-run record with 714.
1975 - More than 130 people, most of them children, were killed when a U.S. Air Force transport plane evacuating Vietnamese orphans crashed just after takeoff from Saigon.
1986 - Wayne Gretzky set an NHL record with his 213th point of the season.
1994 - Netscape Communications (Mosaic Communications) was founded.
People born on April 4:
Elizabeth W. Wilson 1921 - Actress (TV: "The Addams Family", Movie: "The Graduate")
Maya Angelou 1928 - Author, poet
Clive Davis 1932 - Record company executive
Anthony Perkins 1932 - Actor (Movies: "Psyco" series)
Craig T. Nelson 1944 - Actor (Movies: "Turner and Hooch", "Stir Crazy", "Poltergeist")
Christine Lahti 1950 - Actress
David E. Kelley 1956 - Writer, producer ("Ally McBeal", "The Practice")
Robert Downey, Jr. 1965 - Actor (Movie: "U.S. Marshals")
Nancy McKeon 1966 - Actress (TV: "The Facts of Life")
Jill Scott 1972 - Singer
David Blaine 1973 - Magician
Natasha Lyonne 1979 - Actress
Heath Ledger 1979 - Actor
Notice, no one after me - I'm too famous to follow after! ;) Hehehe!
Tomorrow I am going to lunch with DH then I'm driving to my parent's house after work for a party with them, my brother and sil and niece and nephew, and my grandma. Overall - a great day planned!
Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

sounds like a wonderful day planned Nicole.. have fun!!!! and btw, 30 isn't old.. just in case ur wondering... now 45 on the other hand.. lol lol

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Cole!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day. I know what you mean about 30 being ancient- I can remember when my parents turned 30 (I was 8 or 9) and being SO concerned about how OLD they already were! I think I thought they were going to keel over any day.

I'm pleased to say they're both still ticking, and somehow they're STILL not old so I think we'll be OK turning 30 this year- we might still have a few good years left in us.

HaPpY BiRtHDaY!!!!

Tara

Scraploft said...

Hey Nicole!
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Nicole - Happy birthday to you!

~Sarah