Friday, October 13, 2006

Baron and I went to Chuck and Don's Pet Food Outlet tonight. I've never taken either dog to a pet store, but I've always wanted to. DH thinks that they would be too much trouble, so he's never wanted to take them. Baron was a little freaked in the car, but he settled down after awhile. We first walked through the dog food area, just so he could get out the "smell" in him. I'm sure his senses were having a field day! Then we went over to the treat and toy area. He tried to grab a couple of things, but I didn't let him. I was really surprised that he was a good boy for the most part! He did come out of his collar a couple of times (damn DH for thinking he needs it to be so big!) but he stayed right by me while I put it back on. They do tempt the dogs with treats out in the open at their level, but he didn't get any or really even try and get any. We got a couple of marrow bone filled with peanut butter and a chuckit! jr. I think he really liked it. I'm sure he'll have to tell Orion all about it when he gets home so he's jealous! He got his bone when we got home and we'll probably try the chuckit! tomorrow or Sunday.

1 comment:

nancy_scraps said...

Awwww. What a lucky dog. Orion will be soooo jealous when he gets back and gets the full story from Baron.

Is it nice to have some alone time? It's been so long since I've had some (in my own house, that is) and I really crave it!