Sunday, October 01, 2006

Had a great weekend at home! My Mom and I went to two different Parade of Homes houses - they were so cool! This one was made out of recycled and reclaimed materials.

This is looking from the second level to the kitchen. They had this old metal roofing over the kitchen.

This was the door for the little girls room. I love the hardware and how the middle of it opens!



They actually made their guest bathroom to look like an outhouse! How creative!! By the way, that is rusty well water - get your mind out of the gutter!

Cool floor to ceiling bookshelves made out of Barn Wood. I love library ladders!

The second house was built by the same builder. This was was more to my liking. They even had a dog room in the basement!

The had two of these fixtures above the dining table. There wasn't any room for art, so it was a cool idea that they used such decorative fixtures.

The whole basement was a winery theme. It wasn't exactly what I'd have, but it looked great and made the basement look less than, well, a basement.

This was the mural they had painted on the back wall of the basement.

This was the door to the wine cellar. All of the trim in the winery area was this color and technique.

I promise that was the last picture!

1 comment:

Belgiumite77 said...

Awesome pics! I wonder how much it costs to build a house from purely recycled goods?

I wonder if this is Jenny Kinney's friend- she had referenced a friend who had a similar house- or are recycled good houses the trend?? : )