Wednesday, December 20, 2006

95 years and counting....


Tomorrow is my Grandma Florence's 95th birthday. 95. I can't even imagine it. I can't fathom how much change she's seen. World War I, World War II, the Cold War, invention of the TV, Movies, Cars, Airplanes, Computers, the Internet. The list goes on and on. When I was born, she was 65, so she's always been "old" to me. I've never had an extremely close relationship with my Grandma, but I do cherish every minute I've spent with her. She's now got ALS and emphysema, but is still living in her house. She's got a life alert necklace and has someone come look after her a couple times a week, but mainly she's still living on her own. If we ever had to put her in a nursing home, she'd be done for. I really wish that I would be able to have her meet my kids, but as the years go on, it seems less and less likely. I do hope that if I get to be her age, that I have as much strength, determination, and will as she does.
Happy Birthday, Grandma. I hope you continue to have a great life! I love you!

1 comment:

nancy_scraps said...

What a lovely picture of your gram!

Happy Birthday to her!