Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Thank God for your Blessings

My Mom just called me here at work to tell me that my Aunt and Uncle had a fire at their house last night. Luckily, they were not hurt. The smoke detectors were working and woke them up. I guess one of their cats was killed. If it would have been last week, they would have been out of town and their house would have burned down. They think it started in the bathroom because of faulty wiring. My Aunt just had new carpet installed and had redone their kitchen (the bathroom is right off the kitchen) in the past year. At least they were okay. My other Aunt and Uncle have an apartment that is fully furnished and not being used right now that they can live in until they are able to move back in to their place, which is so lucky.

No matter how stressful your Holidays have been and will get, just remember that it’s the safety of your friends and family that truly matter. Things could always be worse.

3 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

amen sistah amen.

nancy_scraps said...

Still, how sad for them. It's a tough time of year to be doing all that recovering. Will they be able to move back into the house after clean-up and rebuilding? Or is it pretty much gone?

Glad they are safe, and have good family to help them through this.

Thanks for the reminder on priorities.

Bonita Rose said...

U HAVE been tagged. check my blog.