Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Favorite Christmas Memories

I thought instead of re-hashing my Christmas for the 500th time, I'd share some of my favorite pictures. This is my Dad holding my niece. Isn't she darling? She's 9 months old.



This is my niece again. She crawled over to the presents, hoisted herself up, and started digging into them. Her brother wasn't too happy about it since the one she's holding is his. After I took a couple of shots of this, he took it from her and hid it.


This is my nephew, blowing out the candles from the birthday cookies for Jesus. Yes, normally it would be a cake, but my aunt decided to make cookies this year instead.


This is my whole family. SIL, brother, nephew, mom, dad, niece, me and DH. This is also the time I realized I either need a new camera or I have to get this one cleaned. Nice spot on my mom's face.



This is my cousin (who hosted Christmas) and her 8 month old daughter showing us how she can walk. Yes, it's a camo dress, but it was cute. She's got a couple of pounds on my niece (the daughter, not my cousin) and I think that's why she can walk now and my niece can't. Plus, she could sit up first too. She's got cheeks that you just have to pinch!



This is a wooden plaque made out of a picture of my Grandpa (Dad's dad) when he was bear hunting in 1952. He died when I was 5, so I never knew him very well.


The one thing I didn't get a picture of was all of my cousin's on my Dad's side. My Grandma wanted a picture of all of us. She then proceeded to tell us how much she loves us and gave us our inheritance. She knows she's not going to be around for much longer and wanted to make sure we all got it and she could see us enjoy it. It was very moving, much more so than I could ever write here. This is the same Grandma I posted about who's 95. We all bawled. I'm so glad they took the picture first!

Overall, a great Christmas. We're celebrating with DH's family on Saturday.

No comments: